MSR WhisperLite Universal Backpacking Stove
New for 2012 and winner of the BackPacker Magazine's 2012 Editor's Choice award: The WhisperLite Universal hybrid-fuel stove is MSR's first to combine canister and liquid fuel capabilities into one comprehensive package. Built on an upgraded WhisperLite™ chassis featuring improved stability, lighter weight and simplified maintenance, it burns just about any fuel you're likely to find. And unlike anything that's come before it, MSR's patent-pending AirControl™ technology delivers uncompromised performance across all fuel types, and delivered in a lightweight package that won't slow you down.
*For best results the manufacturer recommends with canister fuel, always burn MSR® IsoPro fuel canisters.
- Hybrid-Fuel Performance: Patent pending AirControl™ technology creates the optimal fuel/air mix for top-notch performance with canister fuel, white gas, kerosene and unleaded gasoline.
- Canister Liquid Feed: Delivers better cold weather and low-fuel performance with a more consistent output over the life of each canister. Canister stand Included.
- Lightweight: Aluminum mixer tube, extra-stable stainless steel legs and refined design keep weight to a minimum.
- Easy Transitions: Liquid and canister fuel couplers pair with fuel-specific jets for quick and easy transitions. Choose and install one of three fuel jets and one of two source couplers
- Field Maintainable: Self-cleaning Shaker Jet technology and redesigned leg assembly facilitate fast cleaning and even easier maintenance in the field.
- MSR WhisperLite Universal backpacking stove requires an MSR fuel bottle and fuel or an isobutane?-propane canister for operation (both sold separately)
- Due to shipping restrictions butane canister fuel cannot be purchased online but must be purchased at our retail store
- Made in USA
- Weight : 13.7 oz / 388 g
- Packed Weight: 1 lbs 3.4 oz / 549 g
- Burn time: (white gas) per 600ml / 20 oz. of fuel Appx. 110 minutes
- Burn time: (MSR IsoPro) per 227-g / 8-oz. canister Appx. 75 minutes
- Burn time :(kerosene) per 600ml / 20 oz. of fuel Appx. 155 minutes
- Boil time: (white gas), 1 liter 3.5 minutes
- Boil time :(kerosene), 1 liter 4.4 minutes
- Boil time: (MSR IsoPro), 1 liter 3.75 minutes